Regret




Then there was a time, in that hopeless place
When I lay by your side, in your sweet embrace.
Thinking about the future, thinking about the past.
But never thinking how it would be, if that present won’t last.

Then there was a moment, in that sacred place
When I felt it was alright, it was god’s saving grace
Seeing the world buzz by, surviving with everything at par
But never feeling the feeling of you being afar

Then there was a spark, in that enchanted place
When I thought it was mine, your dazzling gaze
Feeling your warmth, when your heart skipped a beat
But never knowing how would I feel, if I were stripped off the heat

Then there is this moment, of being incomplete and unsure
Not knowing a saving grace, not having a shore
When I realize what I had, when I took my life for granted
But knowing I will never live, the life I loved and wanted

Then there is this feeling, of being a man’s wife
Knowing I can’t love him, still I have to lead this life
I try to feel you in his touch; I try to feel you in my heart
But I know you’re not him, you’re not my piece of art

Then there is this time, where I am stuck and owned
I know my limitations and I know my thoughts in stone
But how do I not falter? How do I exist and be?
Knowing that someplace, you’d be waiting for me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Voice on the phone.

Unburden